Saturday, 5 September 2009
Dates Are Good For Your Health!
Dates are also known as kurma or tamar...
Given below is the amount of nutrients in 100 gm of dates:
* Sodium - 2 mg
* Total Carbohydrates - 75 gm
* Dietary Fiber - 8 gm
* Sugars - 63 gm
* Protein - 2 gm
* Vitamin - A 10 IU
* Vitamin C - 0.4 mg
* Vitamin E - 0.05 mg
* Vitamin K - 2.7 mcg
* Thiamin - 0.052 mg
* Riboflavin - 0.066 mg
* Niacin - 1.274 mg
* Vitamin B6 - 0.165 mg
* Vitamin B12 - 0 mcg
* Folate - 19 mcg
* Pantothenic Acid - 0.589 mcg
* Calcium - 39 mg
* Iron - 1.02 mg
* Magnesium - 43 mg
* Phosphorus - 62 mg
* Potassium - 656 mg
* Sodium - 2 mg
* Zinc - 0.29 mg
* Copper - 0.206 mg
* Manganese - 0.262 mg
* Selenium - 3 mcg
* Total Fat - 0.39 mg
* Saturated Fat - 0.032 mg
* Monounsaturated Fat - 0.036 mg
* Polyunsaturated Fat - 0.019 mg
Health & Nutrition Benefits of Eating Dates:
* Since dates get digested very easily, they are used for supplying quick energy and repairing waste.
* Milk, when boiled with dates, become a very nutritious and invigorating drink for children and adults, especially during convalescence.
* The nicotinic content in dates makes them an excellent cure for intestinal disturbances.
* Regular consumption of dates has been found to check the growth of pathological organisms and help in the growth of friendly bacteria in the intestines.
* Being a laxative food, dates have been found to be beneficial for those suffering from constipation.
* For alcoholic intoxication, drinking water, in which fresh dates have been rubbed or soaked, is said to be quite effective.
* Studies have shown that consumption of dates, soaked overnight and crushed, is good for those who have a weak heart.
* It has been seen that dates serve as a tonic for improving sex stamina as well as sterility due to functional disorders.
* Researches have revealed that dates are effective in preventing abdominal cancer.
* Dates have a tonic effect and thus, hold value as medicines.
Just in case, dates are not only for muslims, non-muslims can also consume it...! Go and try it, its sweet!
Expressed By 'Aisha Ali at 9:22:00 pm