The Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) said: "Do you know who is most generous? God is the Most Generous, then I am most generous to mankind, and the most generous people after me will be those who will acquire knowledge and then disseminate it. They will come on the Day of Resurrection singly, like a ruler."
Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 93
Saturday, 5 September 2009
Dates Are Good For Your Health!
Dates are also known as kurma or tamar...
Given below is the amount of nutrients in 100 gm of dates:
* Sodium - 2 mg
* Total Carbohydrates - 75 gm
* Dietary Fiber - 8 gm
* Sugars - 63 gm
* Protein - 2 gm
* Vitamin - A 10 IU
* Vitamin C - 0.4 mg
* Vitamin E - 0.05 mg
* Vitamin K - 2.7 mcg
* Thiamin - 0.052 mg
* Riboflavin - 0.066 mg
* Niacin - 1.274 mg
* Vitamin B6 - 0.165 mg
* Vitamin B12 - 0 mcg
* Folate - 19 mcg
* Pantothenic Acid - 0.589 mcg
* Calcium - 39 mg
* Iron - 1.02 mg
* Magnesium - 43 mg
* Phosphorus - 62 mg
* Potassium - 656 mg
* Sodium - 2 mg
* Zinc - 0.29 mg
* Copper - 0.206 mg
* Manganese - 0.262 mg
* Selenium - 3 mcg
* Total Fat - 0.39 mg
* Saturated Fat - 0.032 mg
* Monounsaturated Fat - 0.036 mg
* Polyunsaturated Fat - 0.019 mg
Health & Nutrition Benefits of Eating Dates:
* Since dates get digested very easily, they are used for supplying quick energy and repairing waste.
* Milk, when boiled with dates, become a very nutritious and invigorating drink for children and adults, especially during convalescence.
* The nicotinic content in dates makes them an excellent cure for intestinal disturbances.
* Regular consumption of dates has been found to check the growth of pathological organisms and help in the growth of friendly bacteria in the intestines.
* Being a laxative food, dates have been found to be beneficial for those suffering from constipation.
* For alcoholic intoxication, drinking water, in which fresh dates have been rubbed or soaked, is said to be quite effective.
* Studies have shown that consumption of dates, soaked overnight and crushed, is good for those who have a weak heart.
* It has been seen that dates serve as a tonic for improving sex stamina as well as sterility due to functional disorders.
* Researches have revealed that dates are effective in preventing abdominal cancer.
* Dates have a tonic effect and thus, hold value as medicines.
Just in case, dates are not only for muslims, non-muslims can also consume it...! Go and try it, its sweet!
Expressed By 'Aisha Ali at 2:22:00 pm