Thursday 24 November 2016

Graduation to Housemanship (Malaysia) - Part 3

Assalamualaikum wbt.

Sooooooooooo, phewwwwwww.

WWW3 over with eHO! My God, the amount of dramas included in the eHO was crazy. The waiting since 10am in front of the laptops, the constant refreshing, the trolls, the 12pm clock strike and the rush of traffic into the website! Everything was pure insanity. Malaysia is the only place in the world with this kind of website race for a placement selection, just insane!!!

And up until today, I've heard many of my friends had problems with crashes, misplacements and emailing for resets of placements. Some were pushed to choose far away placements like Sibu, and etc. And the No. 1 hot selling cake was HTJ, Seremban of course! I'd imagine everyone in KL rushed to get a spot in Seremban 'cause its the nearest, the result of the compulsory thing they put on all Selangor/KL HO to work in non Klang Valley areas after 2 years of HO.

Okay, enough about the eHO thingy. Let's talk about how I feel right now.

Alhamdulillah, I managed to secure my target choice : HOSPITAL PAKAR SULTANAH FATIMAH (HPSF), MUAR, JOHOR! <3 p="">
So, since Tuesday, aftermath of the eHO wage of war, I've been feeling unsure of what I've picked. Either it's my inner-self doubt or just purely too much excitement, I just feel restless. Emotions running high, had to run here and there to get things done and some personal issues to deal with. :(

At the same time, I feel excited that I finally can officially do a Doctor's job and not just stand around and follow some useless and pointless ward rounds and clinics as medical student. And I promise to treat students as my future colleague! InshaaAllah :D

At this point, looking back. I realised there are a few important things that my medical school years had taught me about life :
1. Make great friends with both seniors and juniors, they are your FUTURE colleagues!
2. Make superb networking with every med school student you can meet, because you're going to be their colleagues.
3. Be kind to everybody because you don't know who will help you one day.
4. ENJOY med school because that is the only time you'll not worry about have responsibilities and other life stressors such as money and burdening assets (cars etc).

For the moment, I've been trying to search for a room/house to rent, but to no avail. Looks like houses in Muar are pretty scarce right now. Hopefully something will come up by next week. :/

Till then,
Dr. 'Aisha Ali
HPSF, Muar (soon) hehehe :D

No comments: