Wednesday 12 October 2016

Graduation to Housemanship (Malaysia) - Part 1

Assalamualaikum wbt.

Holla! I'm back, after months (or years) of disappearance. Feels good to finally have some spare time to sit down and write again now. :)

So today, I'll be sharing about my timeline in transition of a medical school graduate to getting a Housemanship placement in Malaysia.

I graduated in mid-June 2016. Flew back to home grounds end of June 2016, and started my HO application journey early July (after Raya Aidilfitri).

Handed in the MMC application for the "Permohonan Sijil Pendaftaran Sementara" around mid-July and got it back 7 days later at 20th July 2016.

There and then I updated my MMC number in SPA8i under sijil ikhtisas or something and sent it! Please be reminded that you could open an account and fill in everything else even before you graduate, but SPA would only process it when you have your MMC number in it!

DO NOT DELAY sending in the online SPA8i application, I repeat DO NOT DELAY!!! The cut off point for the application was 26th/27th of July, so I heard. A few of my friends tendered it in later than those dates and had to wait for the next batch of SPA interview dates (Nov/Dec).

A month later (22nd August), notifications were sent out to inform people of their interview dates and details. I was scheduled for 11th of October. And Alhamdulillah, it went well yesterday for me! :D

I am too lazy to write up on my interview details, you can just google them and refer to these weblinks for document preparations :
eHousemen
How to Apply for HO - MMC KKM
How to Apply for HO - SPA interview
How to Apply for HO - eHouseman PTM

Next part would be updates on my SPA offer letter (within one month after the last interview date of this batch 14th Oct) and KKM submissions, might also include eHouseman applications and PTM. Stay tuned!

My approximate timeline of application :)


Good luck to whoever is reading this and applying for HO. ;)